Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Not" Back To School Blog Hop: Curriculum Week

Public and private schools around here start classes this Thursday. Since we are moving Monday, we won't be starting school work for a couple more weeks, but curriculum plans are in place (even if lesson plans are not).

Here are our choices for this year (or at least all the ones my sleepy brain can remember):

Prima & Secunda (grades 9 & 8, respectively):
History, Literature, and Bible: Omnibus 1 & 2
Science: Apologia Biology
Math: Saxon Algebra 1 (Prima) & Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 Secunda)
Vocabulary: Vocabulary From Classical Roots A & B
Writing: Writing As Drama (modified and taught by Kyle - unfortunately, no longer available on the market)


Terzo (grade 5):
History & Geography: Story of the World 1
Science: guinea pig for my "soon"-to-be-published science curriculum
Spelling: Spelling Workout
Math: Rod & Staff 5
Logic: Mind Benders


Quarto (grade 2):
History & Geography: Story of the World 1
Science: guinea pig for my "soon"-to-be-published science curriculum
Spelling: Spelling Workout
Handwriting: Rod and Staff Penmanship
Math: Rod & Staff Math 2
Logic: Mind Benders

The boys will also read a variety of books from the library.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but my brain just can't recall them.

If you'd like to participate in the "Not" Back to School Blog Hop, head on over to Heart of the Matter for the participation rules.

6 comments:

  1. We're SOTW fans too... doing volume 4 this year. :) Would love to read more about your SOON to be published science work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, and I hope that your move is smooth! I hopped over here from HOTM's NOT Back to School Blog Ho -- have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by from the Hop! I love your line up. I have heard great things about SOTW!!! I can't wait to hear how you enjoy it.So glad you linked up!

    Rebecca
    www.momsmustardseeds.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year was our first year using Story of the World and we loved it. Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete